Transmission maintenance by certified professionals is key to keeping your vehicle operating at its best. With our transmission maintenance services, you will experience smoother shifting, improved performance, component failure reduction, and an increased vehicle lifespan. We offer both fluid filter exchange and fluid flush services, depending on your vehicle’s needs and your preferences. As you put miles on your vehicle, it is normal for the transmission to take on wear and tear. The transmission fluid can become thinner and contaminated over time, causing premature wear on the transmission. Extreme temps, towing, and stop and go traffic can all affect your transmission.
Common signs of transmission wear include:
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
Do’s and Don'ts of Transmission Maintenance
Below are a few standard tips to help you avoid future transmission damage:
- Do scheduled transmission maintenance according to vehicle owner’s manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving. Do not spin tires on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, as this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle, as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4×4 range on dry pavement, unless vehicle is all-wheel or automatic 4×4 drive.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.
We provide knowledgeable and experienced transmission maintenance services to vehicle owners throughout Durham, Southpoint, and Bethesda. We look forward to getting your car or truck road ready. Call us today for more information.